Employment Counseling & Employment and Commercial Litigation Services
When you want top-notch, knowledgeable, pragmatic lawyers to help you maximize opportunities or remedy problems, Richard Friedman PLLC attorneys are there for you. Call them for advice and action on your behalf.
Executive Separation and Employment-Related Agreements
We advise executives to:
- Maximize their economic opportunities and protect against adverse developments
- Negotiate employment, separation, and consulting agreements
- Negotiate restrictive covenant and confidentiality agreements
Employment Litigation and Arbitration
We represent executives and closely held corporations in employment mediation, arbitration, and litigation involving:
- Breaches of contract.
- Breaches of fiduciary duties.
- Covenants not to compete.
- Discrimination and harassment claims.
- Restrictive covenants.
- Retaliation claims.
- Theft of trade secrets.
- Wrongful termination claims.
- We tailor litigation strategies to fit our clients’ specific objectives.
- All things being equal, we prefer negotiated resolutions because they save you time, money, and emotional angst.
- We have worked with firms in many industries, from airlines to finance and technology.
- Because we litigate regularly in federal and New York State courts, particularly in the NYS Supreme Court Commercial Division, we understand each court’s culture which increases our effectiveness.
Internal Corporate Investigations
We represent executives who are:
- Targets of investigations
- Allegations of discrimination or harassment
- Alleged financial improprieties
- Interviewees in investigations
We advise management re:
- How to investigate allegations of misconduct.
- How to resolve complex contract issues
- When referred by a corporation’s law firm, we lead corporate investigations.