Internal Corporate Investigations
In Investigations, We Represent Executives and Advise Management
We understand corporate investigations from both points of view. Examples:
We represent executives who are the subject of internal corporate investigations.
- We represented a senior executive who was the subject of allegations of misconduct. The ensuing investigation did not result in any change in his position or income.
We represent executives called as witnesses in internal corporate investigations.
- We prepared a senior executive of a professional sports team for an internal investigation interview.
On behalf of management, we handle internal investigations referred to us by a corporation’s law firm in order to reduce the likelihood of a motion to disqualify that firm as litigation counsel for the company if litigation ensues or to improve the prospects of defeating any such motion.
Where We Can Help
Represent executives who are targets of an investigation
- Allegations of discrimination or harassment
- Alleged financial improprieties
- Assist executives in their reentry to the workplace
- Prepare executives who are interviewees in investigations
Advise management re:
- How to properly investigate allegations
- Lead corporate investigations
Related Blog Posts Internal Corporate InvestigationsInternal Investigations: Preserving the Attorney-Client Privilege & Avoiding Disqualification of Counsel Employer Best Practices for Conducting Sexual Harassment Investigations Gearing Up to Comply With New York State’s and City’s New Anti-Sexual Harassment Laws Sexual Harassment Workplace Investigations in the #MeToo Movement Era* Data Privacy and Security: An Introduction for In-House and Outside Counsel Social Media Policies and the NLRB Confidentiality Obligations of In-House and Outside Counsel in the Virtual Workplace Employer Social Media Practices/Policies and the NLRA