Employment Litigation and Arbitration
We successfully arbitrate and litigate employment disputes.
Why Hire Us?
We can navigate employment cases through negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and litigation. As experienced litigators who have represented both sides, we can put ourselves in the shoes of the other side. We use this knowledge to craft compelling arguments to help our clients achieve their goals.
We handle “switching sides” litigation.
We represent executives in complex disputes over restricted stock units and other compensation-related matters. Examples:
- In a FINRA arbitration, after extensive discovery and on the eve of a four-day hearing, we obtained a large monetary settlement on behalf of a former managing director of a top tier investment bank in a matter involving “vested” restricted stock units which were rescinded after he joined a competing firm.
- We represented a very senior pharmaceutical industry executive in successfully accelerating certain unvested stock options worth millions of dollars so he was able to monetize them.
We represent executives in compensation-related matters
We handle “switching sides”, a/k/a “lift out,” litigation involving non-compete, trade secret, and fiduciary duty conflicts. We typically represent executives referred by the law firm representing the clients’ new employer. Examples:
- As co-lead trial counsel, saved a technology company up to $100 million in a landmark case brought by its former chief operating officer seeking to enforce his option agreement.
- We represented a not-for-profit organization in litigation against its former executive director for breach of fiduciary duties. We obtained court orders precluding him from gaining access to the organization’s physical and intellectual property which stymied his plans to take over the organization.
Where We Can Help
- Allegations of trade secrets theft
- Breaches of contract
- Breaches of fiduciary duties
- Covenants not to compete
- Discrimination and harassment claims
- Restrictive covenants
- Retaliation claims
- Wrongful termination claims
Related Blog Posts Employment Litigation and ArbitrationThe ‘Faithless Servant’ Doctrine Under Current New York Law Defend Trade Secrets Act of 2016: A Five Year Overview Misappropriation of Trade Secrets Litigation: A Brief Primer Clawing Back Compensation From the “Faithless Servant” Under Current New York Law NY Business Divorces: Rights of Minority Partners and Minority Members in LLCs The Advantages of Litigating in the Commercial Division Clawing Back Compensation from a Sexual Harassment Predator in the #MeToo Era Sexual Harassment Legal Settlements: The Rules Have Changed Under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Trade Secret Litigation: The Inevitable Disclosure Doctrine in New York — Alive or Dead? A Few Tips When Filing (and Opposing) a Preliminary Injunction Motion to Protect Trade Secrets Seeking to Enforce Vested Restricted Stock Awards and Other Earned Compensation Defend Trade Secrets Act of 2016